NORTH CAROLINA CONCEALED CARRY HANDGUN COURSE
Certain residents of North Carolina are eligible to obtain a permit which would allow them to carry a concealed handgun pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. §14-415.11. Applicants must provide an original certificate of completion of a CCH handgun safety course conducted by an instructor that has been approved by the North Carolina Department of Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards. Def-Tech, Ltd. instructor cadre is an approved provicer.
WHERE IS MY NORTH CAROLINA PERMIT VALID?
In North Carolina CONCEALED HANDGUNS MAY NOT BE CARRIED
- In law enforcement or correctional facilities such as a prison.
- In any space occupied by state or federal employees, including state and federal courthouses.
- In schools or on school grounds. (*CCH holder may keep handgun locked in a car.)
- In areas of assemblies, parades, funerals or demonstrations (*Only if posted)
- In any place where alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed (such as some restaurants) the premises are posted as prohibited.
- In any area where concealed handguns are prohibited by federal law.
- In any place of business that has posted a sign banning concealed weapons on its premises.
- By any person while consuming alcohol or while under the influence of alcohol or any controlled substances (unless obtained legally and taken as directed by a physician)
- (Helpful Chart)